If you didn’t see my post yesterday it was about these fun Shamrock Chips. When I made these chips I wanted to continue in the St. Patrick’s Day theme and I decided I needed a fun green salsa to go with them. After thinking about it I thought a fruit salsa, or pico de gallo, would be perfect! So here is the Kiwi-Melon Pico de Gallo that I came up with!
Start by cutting your honeydew into small cubes.
Then cut up your kiwi. I just sliced the ends off of each kiwi and then took my knife and sliced the skin off all around. Then I cut the kiwi into about 1/4 inch slices and from there you can cut them into small cubes.
Then dice up your red onion.
For the jalapeño I just used half of it with the seeds and membranes removed. Then I diced that into small pieces. If you like the heat you can add the whole jalapeño.
Finely chop up your mint….
and then your cilantro.
Then slice your lime into wedges, so it is easier to squeeze, and then squeeze them all into your bowl.
Add your sugar and then kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Mix it all up and then try not to stand there and eat it all while you are deciding if you added enough salt and pepper. 🙂
Don’t have shamrock chips????, no problem! This goes great with scoops too!
Here is your printable recipe!
- 2 cups honeydew melon, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 cup kiwi, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ of a jalapeño with seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix your first 6 ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Slice your lime into wedges and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Add your sugar and then your kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Mix it up.
- Serve with shamrock chips or any tortilla chips.