This Christmas season I have been loving all things candy cane and peppermint! So out of my obsession for those Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, I came up with Candy Cane Kiss Popcorn. The. best. thing. ever…..if you love Candy Cane Kisses like I do!
So first I popped up some popcorn in a pot on the stove. Then I lightly salted it and let it cool. Next assemble the rest of your ingredients which mostly consists of these yummy things pictured below.
I recruited a helper or two to open my candy cane kisses.
Put the opened kisses in a microwave safe bowl. Add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the opened kisses and stir it around.
Put the kisses in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and then continue microwaving them for 30 second intervals at 50% power until melted. Make sure you stir it up between each 30 second interval. Keep going until it looks like this.
Next add your popcorn to a large bowl, pour on the melted kisses and stir it all up.
Lay the popcorn out on some wax paper and put in the refrigerator for 30 min so the chocolate can re-set up. After 30 minutes take it out and put it in a serving bowl and try not to stand there and eat the whole thing!
This will be great to have out on Christmas day or any parties you have coming up in the next few days!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Salt to taste
- 10 ounce bag Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Pop your popcorn on the stove top in a large pot.
- Measure out about 8 cups of popcorn, put it in a large bowl and lightly salt it.
- Unwrap all your Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to your kisses and stir it around.
- Microwave your kisses for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and then continue microwaving them for 30 seconds at 50% power until they are all melted. (Mine took 2 minutes total but I know all microwaves are different.) Make sure you stir every 30 seconds.
- When the kisses are all melted pour the melted kisses on the popcorn.
- Stir it all up and then lay the popcorn out on wax paper.
- Put it all in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so that the chocolate can re-set up.
- After 30 minutes take it out and put the popcorn a serving bowl.