Along with Taco Salad, this is another really popular lunch made in my husband’s department. This recipe is perfect when you are at the store mid to late morning and can pick up one of those ready made chickens. I love making this when the chicken is still slightly warm. My fireman shared this recipe with me awhile ago and I have made it several times since. We love having this as a good healthy lunch at our house too!
Here is what you need to start:
Remove chicken from bones and chunk up and put in a large bowl.
Chop up your broccoli, carrots, red apple, and cranberries and add to the bowl. Add your mayonnaise and stir it all up.
Add some salt and pepper and taste to see if it needs more. Then try not to stand there and keep eating out of the bowl….(because it’s not like I would ever do something like that!?!? )
Feel free to eat this just as is or you can make a sandwich out of it.
This serves 4 to 6 using 1 chicken so double for a larger group.
- 1 ready to eat whole roasted chicken
- 1 small head of broccoli (about ½ - ¾ cup) chopped small
- ½ cup carrots chopped small
- 1 red apple diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
- ⅔-3/4 cup mayonnaise (amount depends on preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove chicken from bones and chunk up and put in a large bowl.
- Chop up your broccoli, carrots, apple, and cranberries and add to the bowl.
- Add in your mayonnaise and stir it all up.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately as is or make a sandwich out of it.