Every October and November I look forward to roasting pumpkin seeds. Whether you still have some seeds hanging around from pumpkin carving, or with pumpkin pie making coming up this month, these seeds are so yummy that my kids, and my husband and I, just devour them right up!
For these I only use Seasoned Salt, garlic salt, and butter….besides the pumpkin seeds that is!
After I take the seeds out of the pumpkin I let them soak in a bowl of water on the counter until I am ready to get them prepped.
Next I put them in a colander to rinse and clean out all the chunks of pumpkin and orange. (Then I admire the falling water in the picture.)
When they are all cleaned I put them on a paper towel to dry out overnight.
The next day, or when they are all dry, preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Next, I melt my butter in a bowl that is big enough for all my pumpkin seeds to be mixed in. I use about 1 tablespoon of butter per cup of pumpkin seeds. I used about 2 cups of seeds here.
Then I mix my seeds until they are coated in all the butter and I add the seasonings. I don’t measure the seasonings. I just sprinkle on some of both and mix it all up.
Then I pour them onto a large baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer as best as I can.
Bake for 45 minutes stirring them up once about half way through baking time. Your house will start to smell really good about now!
And that’s it! Super simple and really yummy!
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seasoned Salt to taste
- Garlic Salt to taste
- After you take the seeds out of the pumpkin let them soak in a bowl of water on the counter until you are ready to get them prepped.
- Next, put them in a colander to rinse and clean out all the chunks of pumpkin and orange.
- When the seeds are all clean put them on a paper towel to dry out overnight.
- The next day or when the seeds are all dry, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Next, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl that is big enough for all the pumpkin seeds to be mixed in.
- Then add your pumpkin seeds to the butter and mix it up.
- Season to taste with Seasoned Salt and garlic salt.
- Mix it all up and spread on a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes stirring them up once about half way through baking time. Let cool and put them in a bowl to serve.