When you and your family have been making a recipe for over 20 years I think that counts as a blog worthy keeper!!! My mom first started making this dip back when I was in high school and it quickly became a very popular, and always requested, recipe. It’s the kind of recipe you make for a party or get together and you just stand there eating it and can’t stop……of course I have never done anything like that. 😉 Then everyone always asks for the recipe too! I thought this would be fun to share right before New Years in case you have somewhere to go, or just staying home, and was wondering what to make.
This is pretty simple to put together as I just toss everything right into my mixer. I often double it when bringing to a party…you will be glad you did! Here is what you need.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop up your artichoke hearts. I use my Pampered Chef chopper that I have been using for years and I just chop up 2-3 artichoke hearts at a time. Makes this process so quick and easy.
If you don’t have a chopper just use a knife and you can see below about how small to chop them up.
Add the artichoke hearts to your mixer followed by the parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. Then add in your Dill Weed. (Anyone else think that is a funny name??)
Then finally with a garlic press add in your garlic. I also love my Pampered Chef garlic press. It has seen a lot of love and use through the years.
With the paddle attachment of your mixer, mix it all up and put in a baking dish.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and the top starts to get slightly brown. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips. My favorite go-to cracker for this dip is actually Wheat Thins. It compliments it so well. Tortilla chips are also good, and a new favorite cracker of mine, that is also so good with this dip, is the Mary’s Gone Crackers. My favorite is the Classic version, especially for a dip, but the Herb is all I have right now. These are so much healthier for you and a huge bonus is that they are organic and gluten free!
Do you all have big plans for New Years this year? We are total New Years Eve homebodies. Check out some of our favorite New Years Eve traditions at home!
Here is your printable recipe so you can impress your guests and make it this weekend!
- 13-14 ounce can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)- don't get the marinated kind
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- 1-2 cloves garlic pressed-depending on the size
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Chop up your artichoke hearts and put in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add in your parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, and minced garlic.
- With the paddle attachment of your mixer mix everything all together and put in a baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and the top starts to get slightly brown.
- Serve with crackers and/or tortilla chips.