As I mentioned in a previous post we went apple picking over Labor Day weekend. With that being said it has been all things apples around here! I have a few favorites that I love to make with my apples every year. This Apple Dump Cake is always a must have!
So why is this a dump cake my family asks?? Because I don’t even use my mixer. I just dump everything in a bowl and mix it up! This is really a pretty easy cake to make. The most time-consuming part is just prepping your apples. I do use an Apple Peeler Corer Slicer. I got this years ago from Pampered Chef and it makes the whole process so much easier. I also love how it slices the apples in thin slices. Perfect for apple cakes, apple bread, and apples and sausage.
So first you want to peel, core, and slice 4 cups of apples.
In a large bowl whisk up your eggs.
Then dump in your flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, oil, water, and apples.
Mix it all up!
Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Then pour in your batter. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 45-50 minutes. Just watch it. I feel like when I bake this in a glass pan it cooks faster but in my stoneware pan it takes longer. Just check it to make sure it is not gooey in the middle. Then serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream. And remember this caramel sauce I posted the other day?? Well, it goes absolutely amazing drizzled on this cake! I think it was made for it. This is totally just “Fall” right here on a plate! 😉
I would love if you would join my Friday link-up party!
Here is your printable recipe!
- 4 cups apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- butter for greasing the pan
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Peel, core, and slice 4 cups of apples
- In a large bowl whisk up your eggs.
- Then dump in your flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, oil, water, and apples.
- Mix it all together.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish and then pour in your batter.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Check the center to make sure it is not gooey and add more time if needed.
- Server warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!