I can’t believe Christmas will be here this Sunday! This month has gone by so fast. I was just getting my grocery list ready for everything I need for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My mom hosts Christmas Eve with a big spread so I just bring a dish to share. For Christmas Day at my house my mom usually just brings most our leftovers from Christmas Eve. Goes well with our casual Christmas in our pj’s! So Christmas dinner is mostly taken care of, but I do always like to make food for Christmas breakfast. I always prepare an egg dish and this French Toast Casserole. It wouldn’t be Christmas breakfast in our house without it! My mom has been making this since I was little and the great thing about it is that I can assemble it the night before and then in the morning when the excitement starts I can just pop it right in the oven and I don’t have to do any prep.
To start trim the crust off your bread and cut it into cubes. Put the bread cubes in a 9 x 13 pan. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place them evenly amongst your bread. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Scramble your eggs and then mix in your milk and syrup. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight. So simple!
In the morning preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Remove any foil or lid that you covered it with. Bake for 45 min. Cut into squares and serve with more pancake syrup.
- 10-15 slices bread (I use wheat.) Amount depends on the size of the bread slice.
- 1-2 (8oz) cream cheese blocks. Amount depends on taste.
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup pancake syrup
- cinnamon to taste
- Trim the crust off your bread and cut the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the bread cubes in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1 inch cubes and place them evenly amongst your bread.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl scramble your eggs and mix in the milk and syrup.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- When the oven is preheated bake uncovered for 45 min.
- Cut into squares and serve with more pancake syrup.